Thursday, May 02, 2002

Just had a steady plod to Adlington, Chorley, Coppul, Standish, Wigan, Blackrod. A veritable tour of mid Lancashire, by 'eck.
Took it easy, low gears, kept it aroud 18-20 mph, did'nt push it, nice and steady to clear the lactic crap out of my legs and keep 'em turning. Did some stretching and yoga before sleep. Won't ride today as I'm driving home down the sodding M6 motorway, but must do 1 hour steady, 15-20 miles tomorrow to keep myself supple and keep my condidtion. Then, oh dear, the fun starts on Saturday afternoon.
Then a spot to eat, a visit to Asda, a drive round Wigan, phone call off H. then bed. What a thrill.
I've just remembered, afer Asda, I went to MVC and saw album by 'You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead'. I heard a bit of this on the Peel show on Tuesday night and liked what I heard so bought the CD. 1st 2 tracks sound good. Then while I was driving round Wigan I realised that all the tracks were just US trash metal and I did'nt like the singer much. Oh well, my daugher might like it. I bought some other trash US band CD last year, which I had to give to my daughter, it was crap and I can't even remember who it was. Heard the much heralded Datsuns on the Peel show last night. Good guitar playing, though not up to the buzzing strumming of say, Idlewild, but what an irritating screechy lead vocal ! No doubt an excellent singer, but more like early Rolling Stones. John Peel enthused over this group, saying 'What other radio station can give you this ?' and 'Remember where you heard them first, they will be big'. Hmm, possibly but thats something I don't go with King John there. Well, we did hear the Strokes first on the peel show, and I think the Hives ? But I dodn't like the Datsuns. There. I've said it, they may turn out to be the next big thing, but I still like Oasis, liked 'em when I first heard them in the early 90s. (Not on the Peel show, in a club, PJs ? in Dudley that played Nirvana and James and other such stuff).
Talking of Oasis I might just buy Hindu Times, and is there a new album out ? I think there is a Strokes album out now or soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home