Tuesday, April 30, 2002

As the most exciting thing I did last night was fall asleep it hardly seems worth the effort of posting owt up today.
Here goes anyway. Got to the hotel, got ready, it was raining and blowing a gale. It looked to be blowing over so off I went, forgetting my drink and not bothering with overshoes. Big mistake. I sat in my car putting my shoes on, and the rain got really heavy. Waited a few minutes and it seemed to blow over and the raods were'nt too wet. Off I went. Thought something was up with my bike, but it was riding into the wind ! Swung onto the road and with the wind behind me fairly whizzed along. But, the rain continued and the roads got very wet. In 10 minutes my feet were cold. Going up the hill from Bolton towards Belmont I felt miserable my feet were so cold. Never mind, this is supposed to be a tempo ride, pushing hard on the hills and steadily hard in the flat. Over the hill, and the flat had a gusty wind on my left shoulder and could barely creep along at 18.5 mph at 140-150 HR. Going up the hill through Belmont village I passed some guy, HR was 162, kept it up over the moors, swung to go through Wheelton, the wind got me, up the hill, down to the main rood through Chorley, got the wind on my back and happy days all the way to getting my poor feet and knees into a warm shower. Bliss. Well, I managed to do an average 18.1 mph over the 30 hilly, wet cold and windy miles. That does'nt seem good, but after the weather and terrain, I feel OK. Now for some speed work tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home