Wednesday, April 24, 2002

Ah, ho, hum, and so on and so forth. Off I went on the training bash. Met some guys that did'nt seem too roastingly fit, started off round a rolling circuit at Rivington. An old fart told me not to go through so hard and ease off once I hit the front ? (Ay ? Is this is a training ride or a stroll in the park ?). We were joined by a very fit looking guy. He was bloody fit. We started the circuit with 7/9 riders, not sure how many as only a couple came to the front. 1st time up the little hill no-one else wanted to come through and work, round the top onto a flatter bit, there was only myself, the fit guy and another going through, at the start of the next lap there was 3 of us going, then only me and the fit guy working. Round the downhill bit we were screaming at 34 mph, then onto the flat along the top of the reservoir dam we were smashing along at 29-31 mph, started the third lap, fit guy says 'they've all gone, shall we carry on' ? And there was just us two remaining, no-one else in sight ! So much for the other wankers. Whats the point of going on a training ride if you don't give it some welly ? Well, we carried on. I was finding going through a struggle. Going down the hill I eased off, then kept plodding at 100 m away from fit guy, then left the circuit and went over towards Anglezarke on my own. I could feel imminent collapse approaching ! Wound it up hard up the Sheep House Lane hill, rode up the Brow road hill in the big ring, and hit 29 mph along the dam on the way back to the hotel, thats enough for one night.
Now I am beggining to get speed I'll do an extra lap next week, 3 laps at that speed was useful, 4 laps at that speed would be good, 5 would be best, about 24 miles flat out. Max heart rate was 162, this would have been up the hill on the second lap, or else just before the downhill on the second lap.
So just before we started got a msg from HH saying tonight was'nt on. So decided to stay over Wednesday and Thursday at this hotel, and cancel Thursday at the Ramada. got a later msg asking if I got 1st, replied, got a final msg saying tonight would be good, and I hope it will be ! Was going home this afternoon and joining my own clubs training, but now staying on at Swallowfield. This is a modest B&B sort of hotel, no comparism with the mighty DeVeres, but at 55 quid a night thats about right. Rooms not so good as Ramada, but Ramada was fully booked & DeVeres also full for tonight.
so I am staying at Swallowfield 2 more nights, and I am going to relax tonight. Will do hour & half ride, medium pace. Got the hotel to launder a couple of shirts, and will either wash socks myself, or buy some new ones. Might go and look at new shoes in the posy label shop, they had some neat Italian ones in a couple of weeks ago. I also 'need' a new suit. I would like an Armani or Versace. Now if I could get to Milan there are some places and the airport where I can get a one of these label suits for 600 quid, but Versace/Armani here would be nearer 1000, which I'm not going to spend. I've already spent 2000 quid on bike stuff this year, and with the other stuff I'm buying or have bought for the house and garden I'll have to watch the pennies for a month or two. I can't see any extra earing opportunities coming along. Hugo Boss suits are about 500 quid, so I'll probably going to get a Hugo Boss. Lets just see how much these Italian boots are going to set me back first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home