Tuesday, April 23, 2002

Another day has been sucked up by the vacuum cleaner of life.
And so forward into a new day, with new opportunities and challenges, ther no such thing as a problem, only opportunites. Well thats the meaningless
management-babble out of the way. I went on training courses once-upon-a-time that were given by people that really believed in that ever-optomistic, life as a sort of big marathon race where we all go smilingly along doing our job, using time managers and communicationg with our colleauges in a meaningfull way. I often wonder if they all lost their jobs in the big recession of the early 90s ? I wasted many weeks being sent on these sort of courses, I could have been doing something useful such as taking cocaine or LSD. During the 90s I got sent on one or two more training courses, but by then I was firmly hooked on alcohol so dulled the boredom with copious amounts of happy juice.
Whatever. Now I'm back fit and not quite such a lush, I'm going to go on an evening training bash tonight. The last time I was on an evening training bash was in August 1981 ! On the Concorde bash from Mere Green. Now since I moved south, there were no local evening runs, the nearest was the Halesowen which I planned to go on once or twice but I don't remember going on. So tonight I might meet the local Horwich chain gang, and tomorrow I might meet my own clubs mid-week bash at Earlswood. Did a plodding ride up over Matchmoor (323 M), up Anglezarke (20 % gradient) Heappey (a little hill) and back through Chorley. Where the cakes come from. 27 miles, at 17 mph avg, which is slow. Need to go faster, last night was not a 'clear out lactic from my legs' ride, I did that on Sunday. Should have gone hard last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home