Saturday, April 27, 2002

Saturday. Thursday was fun. couple of lagers, bottle of wine & couple of hours with H. Then back to the bar and a couple of late-nite boozers helped me prop up the bar and get through another bottle of wine. Woke feeling nothing special on Friday, could'nt face another mind-numbing day in the office so called in sick. Slightly bad timing as our sales guy was in and wanted to discuss the siyuation there. So had to talk him through the project on the phone. His behaviour with this customer has been appalling, he has missed oppurtunities even thoug Ihave given him information and totally failed to cultivate the customer.
Well, had a nice drive round over by Harworth, thenover the SnakePass and down through the Peak. As soon as I have crossed the Snake Pass and gon onto the rolling hilss of the White Peak I feel I'm hame. Derbyshire is a midland county, and once I have gone through Longnor and crossed the River Dove I'm in Staffordshire, which is a county that is only a spit from me here now !
So got up this morning, did'nt really feel like cycling, went down to Little Witley, had a ride round to warm up. Then off we went. The course was gently rolling with an uphill up Woodbury. But the course was changed because of roadworks. So a new course; Gt. Witley, down to Stanford Bridge,along a rolling road with some uphill bits,up a longish hill to Martley, up and down back to Witley. 3 laps,36 miles. Not very far, but the hills ! Felt all achy and uncomfortable the first time over Gt. Witley, a break went and I could'nt chase them. We plodded along, after a couple of times up hills, we shrank to about 12, then at the start of the last lap we were down to 8. As the finish approached I and others tried a couple of attacks,I did get a lead but got pulled back. The finish was up a hill, I rode hard and I tought I shook 'em off, but with 50 m to go a couple came past me and I could'nt raise the pace. Got 4th in the B category race and 10th overall. Not bad. Now instead of going to bed early I am guzzling beer.
Well I do have a 160 miles stage race to look forward to next week. On my current form I should get something. Just so long I keep of booze and crisps and late nights next week.
Put Top of the Pops on Friday evening, Pulp were on, and Oasis were at no. 1 with Hindu Times. Excellent !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home