Thursday, April 25, 2002

Is it age ? Are the springs getting colder ? 20 years back I would relish racing in the cold and wet, now I really suffered in the cold in my first 3 races. I just could'nt get going. Was it the biting North East wind, or am I growing soft with age ? I seem to remember getting a third in 1977 in my 2nd race run off in the damp. I can also remeber packing in the same race in 1981 because of the cold and sleet, so maybe I was not so hard all those years back as I like to remember. The weather has been good so far this week, but looks set to be cooler and windier on Saturday, which is my next race day. Last night I had a really enjoyable ride out over the moors past Belmont to Wheelton, then around White Coppice at the back of Anglezarke, then over Anglezarke, a very nice place with a fine view of the Fylde coast with the Irish sea shimmering in a bronze colour in the haze.
Things did'nt go so good later on. H did'nt appear, had a fall or so it seems, not too sure about that, did'nt seem keen to talk on Tuesday evening, cut me off without talking, saying about the jealous friend. Then finally msg'ed me last evening saying she would be along, then nothing & of course her phone was on message. Got a late msg from her daughter (really ?) saying she had fell. msg this morning says she fell and will talk later, I don't think so. I'll put my phone on divert later. I had a couple of red bull & vodkas, & some wine, then after the dissapointment had a few too many more. Felt not good this morning.
After yesterdays enjoyable ride I have to do some intervals tonight, 5 X 1 minutes and 5 X 1.5 minutes. Eurrgh.
Then a few steady miles to try and prepare for the stage race over next weekend.
Do I really want to go through the pain of a flat-out effort TEN times ? Do I really ? Am I sure. Well of course not, but I've got to get the speed in my legs and the power increase from somewhere, and it sure as hell won't come out of a bottle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home