Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Wednesday, last night we did a ramp test, or maybe its called a sub max test ? After a warm up and a while at 100rpm, it was 100rpm, for 3 mins on 53x15, 2 mins 53x14, 1 min 53x13. Pulse at end, 164, after 1 min, 111, after 3, 91. The ending HR was 10 down on my first effort last October, so for the same amount of power/effort my body has to work much less hard, but my recovery has not greatly improved. Now I suspect this is too many late nights and too much red wine ! Which I will be indulging in yet again this evening, with a visit to Sharston & the Trafford Centre first. Had a drive out at lunchtime and I could see the distant peaks of Ingleborough and Penygent, snow covered and over 40 miles away. Oh, I'll miss these little moments up here in the North. I thought long and hard about my feelings driving back home yesterday afternoon. My feelings for people here tie up with the area, I am just in love with the place too, and I really thought last night that whatever happens with the job, where I go, that I would be better in myself being up here. I feel more at home in the North West than ever in Birmingham. Maybe thats my upbringing and its Scottish flavour ?
There are more things I should add to the highpoints of the past 4 years. Such as the freewheeling attitude, as I am charged out here at a high rate, 1000 Euros a day, and they pay the monthly bills and expenses with no problem then I have pretty well led the life of Riley. I have worked hard at times, here and at all the other sites I have been to, but the pressure has been off here for a while, even though I have at times felt bad about the development, well, the forms development work in particular. I have earned a lot of income for other people, and had nothing in the way of thanks for it. Maybe since the July/Aug period in 2001 when I first prepared the quote for the documents, that when I first felt bad. I didn't know the product well enough to give an accurate figure and my first effort was laughed at, which i felt personally. Which heralded a long period when I felt uneasy because I didn't fully understand the work I was doing. It has come out alright in the end though. But spoilt my mood from Aug 2001 right through to recently.
Oh yes, in mid 1999 I had the pleasure of seeing the site of Pura in Bootle knocked flat. I should go back one day to see what is there now. Houses probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home