Wednesday, July 24, 2002

Wednesday. Hoo-fucking-ray.
Yesterday was my 46th birthday. I started the day feeling optomistic, happy and looking forward to whatever the day may bring. Well it brought a bucketfull of shit. Still happy at lunchtime I hied me off to Bolton and got Jaynes watch-strap repaired and bought some cheap champagne (Cava) and black pepper crisps for an enjoyable evening. At the client got pulled into a meeting to explain why my project was taking so long. 1st bad thing. Still felt sort of good. Sent a text mssg. Had a great reply on my way to the car.
Now it is rained sort of thick drizzle, so I was going to do some intervals, but thats that. Not too bothered.
So went to Asda, bought a wine bottle cooler to cool my Cava. Back to hotel, tried to fit the cooler on the bottle and ripped it. The cooler was crap as it didn't fit the bottle properly and needed to be frozen first. Anyway, went for a couple of bottles of pils in the bar, felt crap. Got some frozen peas (for a sore shoulder I said) and wrapped the Cava in 'em. Felt groggy after the pils. Eat crisps & cheese. Didn't enjoy 'em much. Showered, soaked a while in the bath. Got ready, went to the bar to wait, got a mssg, gone to bed poorly. Well thats is just fucking great. I think the word is unreliable. Well, words alone don't do justice. Back to room, finished off the bu now very unpleasant bottle of pils. Sat watched tv, read Viz, Private Eye & ProCycling. Drank some of the cava, didn't enjoy it so poured the rest away. Not really feeling too good, so not in the mood for a session.
What a crappy end to a day that started so well. Last year I had the sense to book some holiday for my birthday, 2000 it was on a Sunday.
I think that was my worst birthday since, 1998 ? 1997 ? 1999 ? Pick a number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home