Thursday, June 27, 2002

Yesterday, left the hotel at 5.40 for a few hard and hilly miles. Got to the hill going North out of Bolton towards Darwen, thinking of going out by Bromley Cross and over the moors towards Blackburn. Then I thought I felt a spit of rain, carried on, just got to the road going off towards Bromley Cross when the drizzle started. Hmm, better not include a great long loop. So carried straight on. The rain really came down. As I climbed higher the wind got stronger. I turned towards Belmont and the rain stopped, so went up past the reservoir and towards Brinscall, then the rain came down very hard. Going downhill was awful, the rain hit my eyes so hard I had to squint to see where I was going. I did'nt take a hat or waterproofs, did'nt think it would rain ! Anyway, managed 29 wet hilly windy miles at 19 mph. Started drying everything off then into bar, had a pint and got some wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home