Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Oh dear or dear. Monday afternoon, felt a little pissed-off. Arrived at the hotel, the redoubtable Swallowfield. Was planning a few steady miles. Instead I went to Asda, bought large bag of black pepper crisps & cheese. Then lay on the bed and watched tv (Simpsons and Kumars and a bit of Lads Army). Ordered a cheese toastie and a bottle of wine to enjoy along with the cheese and crisps. After scoffing toastie, cheese, wine and crisps I went to the bar. This was not a good idea. I stayed up talking with John the owner until 2.30 on Tuesday morning. Well it seems I am now going to try fly fishing with John in a couple of weeks time ! I'm actually looking forward to that.
Tuesday evening met up with the training bash. A photographer was there to take some publicity pics. of us out training, well the Bolton lads and an interloper from Birmingham. So a few more slow riders joined in, they were all gone after the initial 5 miles along the A6 before we even reached the circuit. I felt good, nice and strong, even kept going through until the second lap, missed a few turns, on the final lap I let a gap open after the sharp corner in Rivington, and with the speed across the reservoir 35-40 mph I couldn't close the gap, kept them in sight up the hill but eased off. At this stage only the 4 MK Cycles guys remained, having seen everybody else off with the usual blistering pace. 40 mph indeed ! Had a steady ride back through Adlington, feeling a bit ropy, probably the result of drinking Red Bull and vodka until 2.30 that morning. John is off on holiday today, so there should be no reason to have a late night in the bar. Plus, I'm thinking of a long epic ride over the hills from Bromley Cross to Blackburn. I did one last year, about 40 miles. The only thing is the weather is going to be cool and windy. Urgh.
There is a good chance that they will want me to stay here and do more work, with the possibility of doing work for the Irish project ! We seem to have some new work for the other consultants, so things are looking a little more promising !
Well I might have a little sip of wine this evening. No I shouldn't really as I'm planning to ride a Team Midland '10' mile time trial tomorrow evening, providing I get down the motorway in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home