Friday, June 14, 2002

Monday: No, its Friday, this is the preposterous new name given to the consulting arm of PriceWaterhouseCoopers. He he he, I'm glad my company has'nt cooked up a similar title, well I suppose the ISCS bit is pretty lame.
A first for me, I'm in my own office (No, not home) on a Friday and posting to blog from this office.
Not much else, good night on Wednesday, felt ropy first thing Thursday morning, but had a liesurely drive back, over the Pennines to Marsden via part of a course I rode back in 1989. Then down the M1 & M42, turned off and looked around Donisthorpe and Swadlincote. Theres almost nothing left of the coal mining industry there now apart from a few landscaped bits, with what was once a group of three mines where I remember steam engines and winding gear when I last cycled past in 1980 now just open space covered in bushes. Most of the big clay pits in the area seem to be landscaped valleys now, with small industrial units, ski slopes and playgrounds filling up the spaces. What a change from twenty years back. I miss the grim gritty industrial reality of these places, now they are like evrywhere else, dull multi-purpose warehouses, 'landscaping' and lots of new housing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home