Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Of late I've been racing like shit. Now is this just mid-season blues or something deeper, like since I packed in racing in 1989 I've lost it ? Or has the immense amount of abuse I've given my body in the ensuing years affected my ability ? Or did my crash diet, losing almost 3 stone (20 Kg) in 4 months, effect me ? Or, hopefully, has my recent rash of late-night bingeing tired me out ? Whatever, I've tried easing off on training, but that week I hit the booze a bit too much so did'nt get any decent sleep. So last night, no bar, nothing. Bed early and I slept solidly pretty well, from 23.00 until alarm went off at 06.45. I did'nt even hear an incoming 'phone message, just glad she did'nt call my hotel 'phone !
Did a nice steady 22 miles, up over Winter Hill. Rained a little bit.
Same plan for tonight, after the bash that is. Hope a few others except for the MK guys turn up, to make it more of a proper training group, as opposed to a flat-out hammer by the 2 or 3 best riders in the team trying to ride everybody else into the ground. I'm going to mention that they (MK guys) have killed off the bash by their selfish antics. I doubt if they would give two fucks though, in keeping with the general selfishness of the age, they ride how they want to ride, if no-one else likes that then its tough shit. Once I would have joined in gleefully with the demolition of lesser riders, but a combination of maturity (Eh ?) and infirm old age have given me a different viewpoint. The viewpoint of some-one getting hammered instead of handing out a hammering. If, by this time next year, I can't be one of those handing out a hammering I may as well pack it all in. Which would be a shame in view of the amount of money I've spent on bike stuff recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home