Friday, May 31, 2002

And, as well as paying too much for a shirt just for, a. the name and b, the embroidery on the cuffs, I bought the new version of AKIRA issued on DVD last year. Once I figured out how to get the software going on my laptop so I could watch it (The DVD tried to load stuff on and was asking for registration details to set up a cookie to send to some server) I realised there was additional dialogue and scenes either cut from the 1989/1990 ? original, or added to it in creating the DVD. The DVD edition has been digitally re-mastered, that I know. So far I've watched about half, and it really is an outstanding piece of Manga. The only other as good so far is Ghost in the Shell. I'm really looking forward to watching the whole thing one evening next week, after the 2-day and decorating Joannes bedroom is out of the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home