Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Feeling sort of tired, and my resting pulse is 55. This means I'm probably not recovered from the weekend as yet. So, I think tonight will be rest and recreation. I know I lugged my bike up here, at least I did a little ride last night. That would help clear the toxins out of my system and my legs felt better. Clambering around inside a cave maybe was'nt a good idea. The weather forecast says rain this evening, which is a very good reason not to go out. Right, just glanced out of the window and the rain is coming down. Thats it, no training tonight. No press-ups/sit-ups either. I am going to take a trip to the Trafford centre and have a mooch around selfridges. I might get a store card and buy a Hugo Boss suit, as well as some Versace or similar label with a high posing quotient.
Just the thought of not training this evening makes me feel happy, and with the added excuse of rain !
Just think, driving back from Kettlewell last night first spits, then shower, then a complete deluge of rain. If that deluge had started when I was at the very end of Dow Cave, how long would it have taken for the water level to rise above the crawl, thus cutting me off ? Hmm, that would be interesting. I seem to remember the first time I went in this cave, in May or April 2000, after some quite heavy rain over the preceeding days, I did'nt get as far as the crawl, I think I stopped at the bit where the boulders have to be climbed. That time the air in the cave was very humid, I could'nt wear my specs and there was so much more water about.
Kettlewell. Good evening, are you well ? And how is your Kettle ? Is it well ? He he.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home