Thursday, May 16, 2002

After feeling miserable and getting wet and cold on Monday evening, then not being able to face being cold and or wet on Tuesday thus ducking out of training, I sort of considered giving it a miss last night. But no, the warmer air combined with buying a new racing top yesterday gave me enough impetuous (?) to go out. Not only that, but did Bolton ring road, up hill to Eagley ?, over moors to Belmont reservoir, then Wheelton, Chorley and A6 back to hotel. And, I did this at an average 20mph. So a good solid 32 miles worth of training. Now if I go onb the bash this evening, thats almost a full weeks complement of effort. Well, if I do some hill intervals or 30 second sprints after I get home on Friday evening, that should do me. But, on the other hand, I have to ride over the steep bits of the Clees in Sundays race, so maybe pushing it hard 2 days prior to a race is a bad idea. Oh, if I had realised just what course the race would take I would'nt have entered. Ugh, from Bridgnorth out on the road over Brown Clee, all up and down, rising to 320 M, downhill towards Ludlow. Left onto the main road, then wham, onto Angel Bank, 3 miles up with a 15% gradient in parts up to 360 M, down the other side of the Clee, up again to Cleobury, then the roller coaster B road back to Bridgnorth. I wonder if the Midland RT are running a nice short time trial on Sunday morning ? The weather forecast is iffy, coller and maybe showers. Well thats all I need, slogging up Angel Bank in the rain.
Yesterday evening went a short drive round to enjoy the car, and saw Jupiter, new moon, Venus lined up in the sky perfectly. As the sky darkened after 22.00 Mars and Saturn came out. What a sight, seeing large things up in the sky is awesome, and really makes me realise how insignificant I am in the whole scheme of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home