Friday, May 10, 2002

Just checked out some Blogs of note. Spit on a stranger is good.
Yes, spit on a stranger, especially a stranger smelling of garlic, which identifies them as a member of that despised group, the middle clarse.
Oh yes, here we are, its the Queens golden jubilee ! Where are the anarchists ? Where are the punks ? I hear the Pistols are re-releasing God Save the Queen. Now I've heard God save the queen done by Leftfield. Wend and bought Leftism yesterday and blow me down, that is'nt on the CD. Some good stuff all the same so I'm glad I got it. Also saw a neat album of Prince Buster stuff. Thats so good, I'm getting into this old Reggae. Up untill about 1972, reggae was so good, then it seemed to loose its way trying to go mainstream. Along came Marley and all the reggae acts tried to make mass appeal stuff, and just succeeded in making trash. The dub scene, however, went from strenght to strenght up untill about 1977, when that too seemed to fall by the wayside. Now with ragga and similar I can't find much I like in the reggae world, apart from old stuff. John Peel plays reggae now and again, it mostly sounds old stuff, but I don't much like any of the reggae things he plays. I wonder if they are his choice ? I suppose being a sort of old hippy its unlikely he would play any of the hardcore skinhead stuff, probably shying away from bootboy connotations. Maybe he just does'nt like that style.
Anyway. God Save the Queen, and I mean it man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home