Monday, May 13, 2002

Monday oh shit another 5 days of boring keyboard hitting humdrum.
I suppose some commas would'nt be amiss in the first sentence. Some people are born dumb, some people become smart, I wonder how many people become dumb? Or were they always as thick as pigshit ? I'm looking at someone in particular here, the office drudge of this particular office. I've worked in many different environments over the past few years, and met people with varying degrees of intellect, smartness, dumbness come what may. But an individual here has knowledge of systems, but is imposed upon like a slave, and is either not aware of being imposed upon, enjoys it or is very dumb, and does'nt realise that useful IT skills can be put to good use, and not have to work long unpaid hours of extra time.
Now at the moment the IT world is in recession, with jobs going here there and evrywhere, and I don't feel secure. But that certainly was'nt so 4 years back, when I first met Dummy Dumbo. Now when I came across DD a couple of years back, DD was still in the same position and still taking on every bit of crap that smarter people dropped like hot shit. So nothing learnt over the years. 2 years ago an ape that could tap away on a keyboard with confidence could get a big salary and all the trappings. But in this Northern environment there seems some fear or suspicion of the big bad world, where a move into the big city would add on 1000s to income, many seem to prefer being in nowhere (and earning nothing). Is it just me being greedy ? Or are some people unselfish and loyal to their employers ? Well, lets just say their employers are'nt at all loyal to them. Being an outsider with a view on management decisions, I see that some of these loyal company servants may well get pissed on from a great height.

What is all the mania over Star Wars about ? What am I missing ? My daughters boyfriend considers me a trifle odd for disliking Star Wars.
Well, I liked science fiction when I was twelve, but now I'm grown up a little I find science fiction a little tedious and unimanginative. I could write stories about robots and lasers and spaceships. I saw the very first Star Wars film a long time away in another galaxy, the galaxy of Birmingham. I thought the special effects were good, but the story and action was a little predictable. Maybe thats the big draw, rather like a soap opera. Known personalities following a set behaviour, with the occasional new character and story line thrown in, with the odd cliffhanger. So the audience have become hooked and the studio has a sure-fire money spinner for years to come. Or else maybe the majority of people are dumb, and actually enjoy this stuff !

Well trying to get in touch with H, no luck with texting, not so far anyway.
Went for an eye test this morning, as I broke my specs last week. Decided on a titanium pair, and would'nt you just know it, the lenses were'nt in stock so a 7/10 day wait. This was in Asda, a supermarket ! I wonder if I should therefore go to Tesco to get my teeth repaired ? Or to Sainsburys to see if they can deal with my alcohol addiction ? Talking of which I bought a really good looking bottle of South African red whilst I was waiting to see the opthalamotometeristican. So this evening may well decscend into a miasma of alcohol, but better not go to the depths of Thursday last week. Breaking more specs is not a good idea.
Planned on riding the Midland RT '10' yesterday morning. So I got up at 6.45, eat a hurried bowl of frosties and a couple of slices of toast. Then sat, feeling a little tired, my back was a little bit uncomfortable. It was bright, but cold outside. Now I had to go off clad in lots of layers to keep out the cold, so would have to change by the roadside. Then if it warmed up later on, I would iether have to take a bag to put some layers into, or ride out with less layers on and be cold. Also, I had 20 miles to go. Oh sod it. I decided to have a leisurely breakfast, and wait untill it warms up before venturing out the door. So I did, then sat on the patio untill I was warm, then went and did a pleasant 34 miles round Ullenhall. Collected Dad for dinner, then took David mountain biking in sutton Park in the afternoon. A much better day than starting it by slogging off on a 10 mile time trial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home