Thursday, May 30, 2002

Thursday. Soon be the weekend. Now I'm beginning to look forward to the 2-day race. Lets not let on to the old boot, if she thinks I'm enjoying racing she might just object to me going. This would be interesting, as I've said to myself I'll leave her rather than stop racing this time round.
Oh fucking hell, its raining. Not just a shower but full on; its big and wet and its falling from the sky.
Did a set (10, 12, more ? I lost count) of 12 second sprints. On a slightly uphill stretch of road with a strong cold wind on my l/h side. Most sprints got up to 30/31 mph at the end of 12 seconds. Never really breathed hard. Used 53x14 a 100' gear. Next time I'll use 53x13.
Felt OK until I came to ride up a slight hill, then yes, my legs hurt so I did push hard in each of my sprints. 30 mph after a rolling start of 22/24 mph on that road seems OK to me. This evening just plan a 20/30 mile steady ride, take some food and drink and try and enjoy a spin over the Lancashire moors. Providing the rain stays off, if not it will be 0 miles in a hotel bedroom. Well at least I'll have more time to wash my racing tops, which I gotta do anyway.
Went again to Selfridges and bought a Paul Smith ? shirt, with roses embroidered on the cuffs. 80 quid, a bargain ! Not content with buying a 100 quid shirt last week. Now this week I've bought a 45 quid and an 80 quid designer shirt. Stupid poser.
Just read a terrible review of the re-released 'God Save the Queen' by the Sex Pistols. References are; 'hideously atrocious dance remixes' (i really do like those remixes) and 'knackered sad old punks' (I hope thios means John Lydon).
Well I'm knackered sometimes, a little sad, don't dye my hair (a bit difficult that) and sometimes act mad, or rather drunk and stupid. I suppose buying a designer shirt with 'destroy' written down the sleeves is'nt exactly an act of rebellion. More a pose. I suppose I'm still relevant as my attitudes are relevant. If not then fuck everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home