Friday, June 07, 2002

Friday. Once again I drank far too much last night. Not overly excessive, but just too much.
Ears seems to have cleared up, I poured in some warm water whilst I was in the shower yesterday evening. I remember reading that this would dislodge wax, and it worked !
Had steak and chips for dinner. The steak was chewy. What do decent restaurants do to steak to make it so tender ? Do they hang it for a couple of weeks, or use better cuts, or do they batter it ? The last decent piece of steak I eat was in DeVeres hotel. That was a long while back, or was it in the Jarvis ?
Before drinking in the bar last night I went for a curry with Mo. Mmm. Mushroom pakora for starters followed by chicken tikka jalfrezi, that was done 'alai' eg. Asian style which means more chillies go in. And boy it was hot. Had to have an ice cream to cool my mouth down. Had some lager to drink, would have been more enjoyable with a mango lassee. I started eating curries after an evening of drinking, but now I enjoy curries more without the beer, the alcohol spoils the taste. I had a couple of pints of lager with the meal last night, and did'nt finish off the second pint. Lager needs to be drunk quickly while its nice and cold, and not supped whilst eating a meal. Wine would be better, but I can't think of a wine that would go with very hot food.

I did think I would be seeing H last night, but she did'nt have a very good couple of days so no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home