Wednesday, July 03, 2002

What ? Er, ah um oh. Off I go:
It is Wednesday. Last night I did'nt get drunk. Monday night I got drunk. Pretty badly drunk in the hotel bar with some of the regular bar-proppers. I started the evening off with a bottle of pils, then a bottle of red to help wash down two cheese toasties. Yum yum. In the bar I avoided vodka and red bull, instead drinking strong lager, which on reflection was a bad idea. It gave me a nasty hangover. At some stage I went and sat in my car listening to music. I know this because I left the interior light on. But before the evening of overindulgence I did a plod around Belmont and up over Winter Hill. Went sort of hard. Tuesday customer not happy with the great document server. Had a meeting on Moday afternoon, the issue of firewalls and security was raised. So had to do some emailing and phoning to get this resolved. Whatever. As if I care. The company that took over the company that we were sold to back in 1997 has now been taken over by an even bigger company. Yet another US company. So lets look out for those good old accounting 'irregularities' that are coming out of the woodwork so much nowadays. Like listing expenses as capital purchases. Hahahaha.
Yesterday had a few pain killers as I felt so bad. Now I simply must reign in this drinking before it really damages me. Last week I drank too much on 4 evenings, including a really heavy session in the hotel. I trained with the bash yesterday and eat a light snack. Then lying in bed I had stomach ache. I can't damage myself like this, my racing will suffer. I think lack of sleep after drinking too much is already helping make my base heart rate too high and sops me recovering properly.
Spoke to Hazel late yesterday evening (23.45) who is still waiting the results of her biopsy, and she said that I don't have to drink so heavily. If only I could stop !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home