Monday, July 22, 2002

Monday. Had fun this weekend, I rode a '25. Fairly pleased with the ride, 1.05.26 over a hard course, through Mampton-in-Arden (I mean HAMPTON, mampton, you muppet !) over the hill twice (so 4 times up the hill) and very windy ride along the main road. Winner did 59 something, he is a top guy, then 2 with 1.03 then me. I think I could have squeezed a minute faster, I went through a bad patch when I slowed from average of 25 to 22/23 for about a mile. I was planning to ride out, but as it started at eight in the bloody morning I drove. Saturday was a 25 mile plod, then a restful day with the family out shopping. I fitted new blue chainrings and the tri bars. What an exciting life ! I enjoyed it. A bit cool though, rain on Saturday afternoon and evening. Back up in Horwich today. So its in the cheapo hotel. I notice its a year since I did an epic long ride over the moors to Blackburn. Well today is sodding cold and damp, so I'm not doing anything so stupid. Keep out the bar as well, I'll leave that to tomorrow when its my birthday. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home