Thursday, December 19, 2002

Went to Bolton at lunchtime yesterday, bought Dad a bodywarmer & coat from M&S, the home of crinklies fashion.
The saga of the terrible training sessions. They continue. Last night was 1 3/4 hours, ending in a supoosed 5 mins at 94% of my max heart rate. Well, the previous 8 mins at 90% was sooo hard, did between 80 and 88% hitting 90% a few times, with bits of freewheeling and lots of huffing and puffing. Felt quite tired afterwards. I was going to have a good session in the bar, but after a couple of pints went to bed ! I got a mail from Mr. Coach this morning, these high intensity sessions are a tester, it should have been a hard start to the week ! (Quite correct) The sessions may not get harder than Mondays, which is a relief ! He does say that he believes in adding intensity sooner rather than later and simulating adaption in that way. I suppose what he means is that my body will accustom itself to a high level of work now, so when I have to work hard in the weeks to come it will be prepared. I must say I felt better about completing yesterdays session, well, except the last 5 min at 94% became 3 mins at between 85 and 90%. Another good point is that I didn't want to stay drinking in the bar, and got an early night after all. I hope tonight won't be an early one, at least not early to sleep, but early to bed is good, but not under the sheets, leave the light on and not on my own. Heres hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home