Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Wah, intensive training in mid December ? That can't be right ? Last night I was scheduled by that fun-filled joker aka my coach to do the following, beleive it or not;
10 minutes warming up, then 5 minutes at level 4 (between 82% and 89% max HR) 2 minutes at level 3 (between 89% and 94% max HR) then 30 seconds flat-out sprint, then 3 minutes rest. OK I can do that, but to then repeat it 8 times ? The first session I got HR up to 144-148 during the 5 minutes, then to 153 in the two minutes then sprinted. Next session legs hurt and I struggled. So ended up just doing 4 sessions. I am not used to this level of work in the winter, and certainly not on Mondays when I either rest or just do steady stuff ! Then I went shopping, but Middlebrook was busy because of a football match so went to Asda in Bolton, not so good as Middlebrook. Bought �50 worth of spirits and crisps. Then early to bed and had a decent sleep, but a bit cold. Text from H.
More intensive work for the rest of the week, but not so bad as last night, thankfully. Maybe going to Parkers to buy a Polar S710 hr monitor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home