Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Shimano chainset.

When I first saw this design at the end of 2003 I really disliked it. It seemed lumpy and the chainrings seemed too flat and looked heavy.
But I was wrong, so, so wrong. On my bike it looks so cool, and fitting it, with its bearings that sit outside the frame and hollow axle that simply slides into the bearings, was a piece of cake.
Thank you Mr Shimano for making the best bit of cycling kit since Tullio Campagnolo invented the quick release.
Arrgh, Talk Like a Pirate Day approaches ! And today I arrived home and did 29 kilometers at 29 kph. Which is 18 mph in old money.
Then went to The Red Lion for a club committee meeting where we discussed race numbers, clothing delivery problems and who will do the catering at the race I'm organising in 4 weeks.
EEEK ! I have to get it all together for the race I'm putting on ! EEEK !
Hmm, ho hum. 18 mph for 1 hour. For someone with thoughts of getting a medal on the track that is sort of, well, pathetic. I should be looking at 30 mph for 1 hour for the sort of ride I want to do. Arrgh, I'm now drinking vodka and its 0045 .
At least the Anti-Christ didn't get me, yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you may be able to push that 18mph barrier no trouble at all, if you add a chain and some peddles to that rig... just a thought.

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home