Monday, June 02, 2003

Monday. In Leamington.
Well, what fun. Rode the track ! First time ever, did 3 events - 8 lap (not last ) 2 lap (last !) unknown distance (not last & had a go on the front, swung up the banking like a trackie !). Then Martin Osman crashed, & had to help sort his stuff out, but felt shook up so wouldn't have raced after that whatever.
Saturday, picked up Peter and to Priors Marston. Rode the 4 mile TT, into the wind, mostly uphill finishing up a hill. did 10.50, beat Peter. Not a bad time. Then the RR, did 1 lap, blew out the back up the 1 in 5 hill. Just could'nt push it. Carried on, ambled round 1 lap, the 2nd race came past, tagged onto some back markers for the last lap, dropped them. The finish was up a twisty steep narrow track ! Odd. Home, had a bit of the squits.
Very hot day, 28C, arms red !
Sunday collected Peter. Started epic 65 miler, up to Fosse Way, along to Kineton then up Edge Hill. Long 1 in 6, someone crashed at the bottom, had to sprint to get on, then tried for my lowest gear, got it, then it jumped, I had to stop and put chain back onto next smallest. The big mistake was using too high a gear, all the rest had 23 or 25 lowest. I had 21, which I couldn't even get so had to use 19. Which wasn't low enough. Stayed close behind them, I think if I tried hard I could have caught them, but wasn't really in the mood. Over the top someone who was brought down in the crash came past being towed by the support car, I tagged along, was doing 46 downhills, but jst couldn't be bothered. Hada nice amble back to the changing rooms. Took Peter home. Then my eyes itched & swole in the evening. Still a bit swolen now.
I must get my head together which seems to be the main problem, I could have kept on both days if I wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home