Thursday, August 01, 2002

Not good news from the office, we lost a big deal, which means we will have a few people not earning income. Bad news indeed.
Yesterday was mostly rain, today started dry, but oh shit, now its raining. Ho hum. I went out in the damp, rode up to Matchmoor and did 6 horrible hard uphill sprints at up to 93% max HR. Didn't feel as sick as the last time I did these a couple of weeks back. Maybe I didn't work hard enough ?
They were interesting for a couple of reasons, I was up at 328 M (1100 feet) and into the clouds, so visibility was 100 M, and I built up a layer of condensation, but it was warm. Very odd. And a guy parked his car, then out jumped a dog and he proceeded to walk his dog by driving along behind it as the little dog walked down the road. Lazy sod.
Was having an early night, the room next door seems to be inhabited by a tribe of non-stop-talking geordies. OK. fine, but when they carry on with their non-stop-geordie-talking at 0100 in the morning I felt a tad pissed off. So as an act of petty revenge I set my alarm to 06:15, and when it roused me from my slumbers (and an odd dream, I was in a high building, in US and could see as far as some mountains in the east, then ran around the top, erm, sort of linked up with another dream about high buildings. I'm only scared of hieghts in dreams) I proceeded to make as much noise as possible, banged drawers open & shut, banged the bathroom door, banged about in the wardrobe, put the tv on loud. Well I hope this fucked any plan they had to lie in bed.
So today, wet, ugh. If it is dry I'll see if any MK guys come out to play. If wet I'll go a drive round.
Shit, this work is boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home