Monday, July 29, 2002

Monday. Aha. Oh, good. Today I am taking the afternnon off to watch the Commonwealth Games Mountain bike race, whic is quite conviniently around Rivington Pile, just about a mile from where I am now sitting. So I have taken my mountain bike with me. Woo hoo ! Cycle racing to watch, and it was on telly over the weekend, the time trial and then the 1 km. track tt. Excellent.
Oh yes, the weekends fun: Saturday was a 45 m road race. Collected the ever-later Pete, off to Astley. Rodfe it. Had a go and rode hard at the front, as opposed to lurking at the back. Now I'm beginning to get my confidence so am not scared to attack and ride hard, knowing I am strong and fit enough to ride hard until the end. Tried to get away on the last hill, plans sort of ballsed up by a truck that got mixed up with us, which we overtook at 45 -50 mph downhill. Then tried to follow Chris Singletons wheel for the sprint, but got moved aside, then came round to try and get forward on the right hand side, couldn't get round, so then back to the left , and started to squeeze through. Final sprint gave it big licks, maybe should have used a bigger gear, got 9th ! This is the best I have ever done in a bunch sprint.
Had some beer and half a bottle of wine on Saturday evening.
Sunday, went off in car and rode Midland RT '11. Did 26.57, 4th fastest. Winner did (I think) 25.50. So a minute fasster. Got beaten by 10 seconds by a woman (Well she was nat. womans 10 champ). Then the rest of the day was as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home