Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Almost the end of July, which means I have just about a month to file my tax returns. Shit.
Yesterday went and watched the Commonwealth Games mountainbike race, and I really had fun ! A great race, lots of spectators and an excellent atmosphere. At the end wending my way down through Rivington to the road and went past a pub ! Set in the Rivington park, it was empty and sold Theakstones best bitter at one pound eighty a pint. Spent a happy hour in the sun drinking 5 pints. Mmmmm.
Nice and warm, about 25 celcius.
So under the stupid ideas caused by alcohol I rode up towards Winter Hill along the road, then turned off along a cobbled track, which must be one of the bumpiest trackes ever, anywhere. After a mile or so of this I decided to go into the bike shop in Horwich (The same one I went in earlier to buy and get a bottle cage fitted onto my mtb) and get 'em to fit some suspension forks. They have Marzocchi at 200 quid for the good ones. So bumped my way into the main street, some driver cut in front of me, I gave him the finger and he stopped & shouted at me to get off that fucking bike. Well I got off that fucking bike, but the sight of a tall rider with well-defined stringy purposeful arms & legs made hime realise that a punch-up wasn't the best option so he argued a bit, backed down and buggered off. Went in the shop and the idiot bike mechanic that couldn't fit a bottle cage went to get the brochure to see what sort of forks I wanted, after looking at the ones on display and getting confused. Well I just left, he should have directed the other guy who knows something more about bike stuff than he does. Thats a lost sale.
Back to the hotel, bit of a rest to get over the Theakstones, then out round Eagley, Belmont, over Winter Hill, took it really easy, remembering its a rest day, so slow postman pace.
At the hotel had a really nice steak and chips for dinner. Sat on bed, considered going to the bar again, but sleep was the better option.
Oh shit, its raining again.
So probably no training tonight. What a shame. I'm feeling that my knees are under strain after 2 days racing and riding and walking around yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home