Monday, August 12, 2002

Monday. Thats; m o n d a y.
Ah ha ha ha, but Monday with a difference. The difference is I am not (currently, watch it) under any pressure here, a 2 day visit with the probability of a wild night at the hotel (not the B&B, the slightly more upmarket Jarvis) on Tuesday. Then a leisurly drive home Wednesday, a ride on the BCC bash on Wed eve, then apart from a couple of hours in the office on Wed aft or Thur morn, I'll be 'working at home'. So I can start doing things like getting the wood for the shed and so on. And get the sodding grass mowed. So this evening its a steady ride at postman pat pace. The weather is mild and not wet !
Raced yesterday. A 62 mile epic; 'The Circuit of Bredon'. Bredon hill is an outlier of the Costwolds, at 294M, just under 1000'. The race was a 16 mile lap around the bottom of the hill, covered 4 times. Through nice Cotswolds villages, Elmley Castle, Upper Broughton, all resplendent in warm sandstone. Narrow streets (bit of a pain that though, having to dodge cars), sequestered churches and so on. Picture postcard stuff, pity I couldn't dawdle and admire these little villages but I was wacking along at 25 mph, pretty fast for a hilly longish race. 62 miles is the longest I've raced since 1988 ? I don't think I rode anything more than 60 miles in 1989.
I entered some, but I either didn't turn up or didn't finish them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home