Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Tuesday. Wednesday morning in point of fact. 0100.
Thursday evening I rode the midland RT '16 and did 41.07. Peter did 41.04. 3 seconds, lost more slowing down at the left turn in Shrewley.
Saturday 2 steady hours. sunday 2 hard hours, then went round Lea End with David on the mtbs. Nice.
Monday worked at home, then left and drove up the M42, M1, over the A612? to the M57 and thus to Didsbury where I went to the Brittania Country house. Went & collected Hazel. Wandered round Trafford Centre, bought the book 24 hour party people by Anthony H Wilson. Who is back presenting Granada local news after being pulled off air for swearing, I think fuck was used. Well, bought 2 bottles of some Californian red, drank 1.5 of them. In the morning a really enjoyable drive around Todmorden, Bacup, Darwen. tockholes and over Winter hill to Rivington Barn for a coffee. Went next to Botany Bay. A rip-off. �2.50 to get in, which meant having a membership card with free admission for a year. Now I realise why all the times I went past I never visited; my natural common sense prevented it ! whatever, changed times and sensibilities. Must do something about that, insert a slice of common sense. Patronising fucker, thats me. Now feel sort of empty and uncertain. Drove back after taking Hazel home, over A6 & Pott Shriglley, Harpur Hill, Longnor, to almost road to Uttoxeter, Mayfield, A515, A50, A38, Asda, Burger King on Kingsbury Rd. then finally that place home. Or not home with the lingering imagining aroma of perfume, its not home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home