Monday, September 09, 2002

Oh shit it is Monday morning once more, and today my first document goes live. Sort of worried about this since last week.
Thursday evening, raining. So went and got some wine and crisps. Had 3 pints in the bar. Started on the wine. Called secret red-head ! Very good fun.
Back to bar and onto Smirnoff ice. Well, about 4 bottles. Didn't stay drinking all night. Woke up lying on bed at 0400. So not that bad.
Saturday, rode race round Great Witley. Felt tired and achy. My computer packed in, I slowed to look at it, and when I was faffing around at the back a break of 12 went. Or rather, their pace split the bunch. We chased and almost caught them, but when we turned to go up Woodbury hill, they drew away. We kept the gap at 40/50 seconds for 2 more laps. Then on the last lap we slowed our chase. The pace reduced us to 7/8, with the main bunch over a minute behind us. We were about 50/60 seconds behind the leaders. At the start of the hill I jumped away and finished about 20 seconds in front of the group for 12th place. No prize.
Sunday I went and did a pleasant 35 mile ride around Catshill and Upton Warren (?) Stoke Pound. Then did a 2 mile spin to make sure the training bike worked, as I last rode it back in April (May ?). This brought my weekly miles to 201. Yet another 200 + week.
Spent yesterday evening in a state of gloom about work. Shouldn't really, As I'll be OK now until Xmas, as they want me here until then, and I have a few days in Dartford, starting Thursday !
Took my bike, my training bike, and shoe covers, so even if it rains, I'm training. Going to buy a front & rear light as well. Arranged to meet Allan Ramsey from Bury tomorrow evening for a spin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home