Friday, September 13, 2002

Now it is Friday, and doing I think, my first ever post from Dartford. This has been a very busy week. I have had to fit in getting the document running at Horwich, which failed but not too badly, training, drinking heavily (I didn't have to fit that in, but I managed on Monday evening) a visit to the Trafford Centre. Going to Dartford, writing a specification, showing Jayne how to drive to Droitwich. Worrying about how to do the program changes in Dartford, worrying aout the not so going live of the documents in Horwich, then after Monday evening, worrying about drinking too much. Well, this afternoon I had a stroll along the tidal inlet round the back here (the Darenth ?) and it felt so good. My worries seemed less so, the sun was shining, it was warm and breezy. I hope that weather keeps up over the weekend. So far this year I've ridden 25 races, the most since 1981 when I rode 31. No wonder I'm feeling jaded. There are 2 more road races and the final Team Midland hillclimb. I remember last years, I suffered so much that I could barely keep the pedals going over the final rise !
Long journey home this evening. At least I will be going North up the M40 instead of South down the horrible M6. Though I do have to negotiate the clockwise M25 between Dartford and Heathrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home