Monday, September 30, 2002

Monday. Strange, it seems just a week ago since I last typed in 'Moday....'.
But no, yes, ooh-er missus. The weekend - Friday I drove down the A49 & A 41 & through Shifnal rather than sit in one long sodding traffic jam on the M6. Lefy Horwich at 15.30 and home 18.30, so the usual 3 hours but without the M6. Imagine my joy upon arriving home and finding no bread, so out again to the supermarket. Saturday spent a while digging some plants out of the front and back gardens, Then a steady ride round the usualish route, Gambolds, up Cobley Hill, back along Watery (dry today) Lane. Sunny and mild ! Sunday last race ! Rode around, the whee, up the hill. Last year I nearly keeled over in pain and oxygen debt after the first steep bit, so I eased off, and went down too low a gear for the final steep stretch. I went 6 seconds quicker than last year, 8 seconds slower than the winner, but Pete Varian beat me by 0.8 of a second ! I shouldn't have dropped to such a low gear, instead I should have hammered round a larger gear. I have thoughts of riding a few open HCs and entering the National Champs next year. Then I took David to get some conkers from the trees near Alvechurch. From just one tree we got over a hundred ! Nice and big too ! Then in the evening I went to Pete Varians to buy his old cross frame for a winter training bike. David came along to see Petes bike room ! Its off the living room and I lost count of how many bikes were in it ! At least 10 I think. The frame is a decent chunky alu, complete with bb, brakes, front changer, stem & seat-pin. Pretty good for �70. Felt tired this evening. Drank a couple of tims of London Pride bitter before bed. Eurgh, alarm went off at 05.00. Was going to snazz it up in best suit, new black shirt & purple tie, but decided to drive up in more casual gear and save the good stuff for later in the week. Had to take a concious decision not to take my bike, I was tempted but no, I am going to pig out and do little in the way of exercise, maybe a walk over the hills. I should have taken my rock boots & gone climbing. I should really work on my upper body & core strength by doing press-ups and sit-ups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home