Monday, September 23, 2002

Monday. Horwich. A whole week of document design-related fun ahead of me !
Saturday I went and raced, nice hazy sunshine, warm, 22 C, dodgy course with roadworks on the narrow bit round by Hanbury Hall. It was a 4.9 mile lap, 10 laps plus about an extra 500 m to the finish after the Jinney Ring. Sat around the back, no real problems, felt OK on the hill. Was going to go for it up the hill at the finish, but it was not to be. I shouldn't have sat at the back ! Someone pulled their foot out, lost control and crashed heavily, I avoided the rider but couldn,t avoid his bike, I came down on my head. Cuts & grazes on my leg & arm & shoulder, bruises on my forehead where my helmet dug in. That showed helmets really do work ! I got up and carried on for another lap, then looking back to see if the bunch was coming a wasp got into my helmey and stung my head a couple of times. That did it, I went back to the changing rooms for some first-aid on the sting, which hurt more than the crash ! Had some beer & wine & crisps during the evening.
Sunday evening, asleep at 00;54 and I woke up, a rattling noise & the bed shook from side to side for about 15 seconds !!
An earthquake. Grade 4.8 on the Richter scale, pretty strong for this country. The epicentre was in Dudley. The West Black Country fault ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home