Thursday, September 26, 2002

Dear diary,, I have sort of slid into deciding to stop training, with yesterdays 5 55 second slogs up on Matchmoor being the last road training ride this year.
Why did I come to that decision ? I wasn't really looking forward to the same old 20 mile slog around Winter Hill or wherever later this evening, I'm taking Mohammed into Bolton to collect his car from a garage, and I do feel pretty jaded, especially after Saturdays accident. I also drank a bottle of wine and some beer last night, but whats worse eat a WHOLE packet of Dutch cheese nibbles, which must be the fattiest food I have eaten for some time. I felt ropy this morning, I don't know how much beer I drank, it was Holsten Pils, they ran out of Smirnoff Ice. I went (rushed) off to meet at the Trafford Centre. I saw a really nice pink Paul Smith shirt, I might just go and buy that later, at �85 from Selfridges. The last couple of sprints really hurt yesterday, the first was sluggish. I also feel tired, lack of sleep last night, too much alcohol and a general tiredness, probably still recovering from my accident. What a crazy sport this is, lots of other sports have accidents, but sliding along tarmac in thin lycra is an experience to forget I can tell you. Today I have done virtually no work, this whole project just fills me with depression. My right shoulder feels not quite right, I must have whacked it hard, thats the side where I broke my collar bone two different times, and one of them I didn't know, so it healed with a great big lump in. I broke my left one too. I cant remember if it was my right shoulder I disclocated and sprung the collar bone out in 1981 ? That was some pain ! Tonight I just might buy a packet of black pepper crisps, as well as a new shirt. Well, here goes, I'm off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home