Monday, March 18, 2002

Saturday training went well, milder, not dry but no howling gale, freezing air or lashing rain. Just a couple of showers.
Rode hard, looked behind & only 2 left up the hill, split again going down the main road.
Sunday only 3 of us, I guess some are already racing. Talking to this guy, he was telling me his weekly training regimen, riding, really hard
gym sessions, 2 hours on the turbo. So he must be fit and strong, got to the main hill of the day, put it in the big ring and rolled
hard to see if I could ride up sitting in the saddle, had to get out the saddle to push such a big gear round after 250 meters, at the top
looked round & no-one in sight, my erstwhile hard-man fell apart ! I waited a couple of minutes for them to catch me. Rode hardish to the big main road, then pushed up the pace to 28/30 mph to see how my legs felt and sure enough the hard-training man faded.
Built up best bike in evenings, I might ride it on Sunday, but only if the weathers good, I don't want to wreck it in some piddly race.
I'll wait for the mountain TT the next week for that.
Well, felt so pissed of this morning. Work sucks.
I could barely face the day, going through my ablutions, preparing to haul myself and all my accoutrements up the M6 seemed such a chore, and I really did'nt want to sit in the office and do that thing laughably termed 'work'. My motivation seems to have evaporated. Maybe its just this never-ending project ?
Maybe its this comedy company ?
Relationships, why do I still think of someone from 27 years ago ? Don't I already have enough complications ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home