Thursday, March 14, 2002

Yesterday evening did'nt go to plan, but the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglea.
Gang aft aglea ? What the fuck does that mean ? Am I a man or a mouse to make these plans that gang aft wherever they gang aft to.
Probably mis-spelt aglea, may well be aglei. Not too well up on 18th century scots.
But we are not controllers of our own destiny, we are touched by other lives, we touch other lives.
However much I like to think that I can make decisions and plan my life, random events impinge on me.
Some would say that is god, or fate, or karma, but there is no great plan, apart from the basic need to reproduce.
So what is driving humanity along is our need to contuinue the species.
Not god, not some great cosmic plan, its just that a collection of organic molecules began to replicate, and thats where we came from.
Which is no consolation when shit happens, as it so often does.
So I was going out for a meal, bought a present and wrapping paper, and was looking forward to an evening out.
But it was not to be.
Woke up at 06:15 shivering and not feeling too good. Lay in bed a while but felt no better. Eventually warmed up in the shower, but I don't feel
too bright. Maybe I'm coming down with a cold, hope not, with only 9 days until my 1st race I need training, training and more training.

I'd rather have long nights spent drinking wine and vodka, but no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home