Wednesday, March 13, 2002

Training hurts.
So, why do I put myself through the mangle just to be able to ride races where I will have to endure pain and suffering for some intangible reason ?
Am I going to be a big bike racing star and go to the tour de France ? No I am riding minor little local races with prizes of maybe 50 quid if I'm really lucky, and club races with no prizes, so I'm not in it for the money. Fame ? A mention in a local newspaper is not fame.
Is this my mid-life crisis ? I am starting to look at my life and ask questions, why do I do this ? Why do I do that ?
Why does my life seem so crap to me, but maybe an outsider looking at me would say my life has evrything;
a comfortable income, nice car, family, children doing well at school and college, a good career. But it sucks ! The daily grind is becoming insufferable,
and I am menaced by giant lobsters, filling me full of fear and dread.

Thought for the day;
When it hurts, try harder.

Horrorscope for Wednesday 13 March 2002:
Pisces; Bats will become entangled in your hair and you will sink up to your knees in mud.
Leo; You will not win the lottery, ever.
Cancer; Beware of gloss paint.
Saggitarius; You should dye your hair blond, wear a helmet with horns and sail around the north coasts of Europe attacking villages and carry
your booty to a cold and lonely fjiord in Northern Norway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home