Tuesday, May 08, 2007

How is your kettle ?


I hope it is well.

Is your bottom flash ?



Mine isn't. Damn, its right on a fold and don't copy too well. I have visited both of these places, but once (upon a time), when I was driving towards Flash Bottom from plain ordinary Flash, there was a pole, but no sign so I guess someone now has a signpost for Flash Bottom. Tee hee, snarf snarf etc. etc.

I first went to Kettlewell in the far-off and happy heady days of working in Bolton, which, according to Viz, is German for shitty arseholes, but may not translate exactly.

I could waffle on about the tremendous views from around Kettlewell, the very air that blows across the hill, the caves, the limestone pavements. But I'll just make do with this pic of a sunset from Oughtershaw Side, on the road to Hawes;


I had a nice picnic, one evening in May 1999 sitting by the beck in Langstrothdale, just down the hill from where this picture was take. And had a happy evening in June 2002 riding up that very same hill on my mountain bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home