Monday, October 14, 2002

Its one of 'those' days. What days ? The day when I feel all washed-out now. Weekend - Saturday struggled to unsucessfully build up winter bike. At 15.00 I got fed up and went out for a ride round Alvechurch & Beoley. Nice and bright, cool. Bought some beer & wine in the evening. Sunday got up early and went to watch a 2-up with 2 Birmingham CC teams riding. Cold, very cold and I did'nt wear gloves and my hands were totally frozen. I noticed frost on the grass by Lea End, it got much colder as I went downhill into Hopwood. I stopped a couple of times and tried to warm them. Watched a bit of the race, saw Pete looking cold. In the evening Joanne said printer wasn't working, after a lot of struggling I found there was a hardware conflict, caused by another driver using the same resources. This was a sound driver I tried out on the non-working souind card, so got rid of it and all OK. That didn't put me to bed feeling good. Alarm went off at 5.15, just couldn't wake up. Traffic on the M6 was appaling, lots of lorries, and it was wet. Solid on the M62 bridge so carried onto J27, I should have gone down the M61 even thought it was further. Getting off at J27 there were roadworks on the bridge (i knew that) and going through Standish was slow. Just felt bad. Got Badly Drawn Boy's latest single which cheered me up somewhat. I really feel like a good drink, which is bad news, as I'm in the Swallowfield. I might just hit the bar when I get in. Tempted to stay in Manchester on Wed and Thu. Except I worry about parking. So it might be the Jarvis then, again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home