Thursday, April 11, 2002

Sometimes a moment, a feeling, an instance in time becomes a good and happy moment. These happen so rarely in my life, and thus I assume the same in everybodies life, that this moment is worth recording. One of my cycling heroes, Mario Cippolini, won a hard Belgian race in a masterly style yesterday, My daughter seems to have got over her teenage angst, even though I took a hammering in the last race I rode and I felt lethargic when I tried to train hard yesterday evening I feel good, my legs feel good ! I think that my legs will behave well in some of the hilly races coming along, There are some really good records out; such as 'Silent Sigh' by Badly Drawn Boy, surely the best record of the 2000s so far, this song makes me feel good ! In fact so good I gave it a review which got posted on the BBC Manchester website.
Work; I have come up with a plan to recoup the loss caused by this project over-running, the rubbish project I was to do in Leamington has been given to someone else, and I am back off down to Kent next week !
Thinking back, the last record 'to do it for me' was 'To the River' by Groove Armada back in 1999 ! Some of the stuff by the Strokes, Hives, Gorillaz and Avalanches has been good, but not that something special.
I've eased off my alcahol intake, and feel good that I can control my urge to get smashed every night to just the odd heavy session.
Well, as they (who are they ?) say, pride comes before a fall, but I have felt down for so long that my brain was incapable of running along in depression mode for any longer, something had to give; either I felt better or it was back to the funny-pills. And I feel better ! Lets hope it lasts !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home