Monday, February 11, 2002

Oh well, it is Monday once more. And so I'm employed, and had a pay rise and will be able to get a better company car since I last put stuff here. And is by no means certain we will loose Mr. Big the big customer.
Not in the cold and frozen north today, instead I'm in the middling midlands. Back to the cold and frozen north soon.
Felt ropy on Saturday morning, then when the speed was cranked up on the bash. I felt worse and into the wind at the head of the bunch began to suffer, but when we swung round I recovered, later on when the roads went uphill I felt better, but not all better. This is no doubt due to the industrial amounts of wine and vodka I drank on Thursday night, combined with carrying on drinking until 4.30 on Friday morning. Not good behavior for a bike racer hoping to win races in a couple of months.
Not much point wasting money on trick ultra-light kit if I poison myself with excess alcahol, then ruin my rest and recovery by staying up all night.
Well, thats the guilt over with, now looking forward to my next fun night, possibly in Manchester on wednesday with Heavenly, if she turns up that is. Wednesday would be a better night, I will have done 40 mins on the turbo-trainer this evening, and as I'm 'working at home' tomorrow, I can get a 1 & half hour ride in the morning, then maybe another 40 minutes on the turbo on Wednesday morning, off up to Bolton, an hour in the gym, then off to Manchester. The effectrs of this extra work should help my body consume any toxins fairly quickly, and if I do a good session in the gym on Thursday and get to sleep by 22:00 I should be all better by Friday evening, then ready to roll at the weekend.
Local time is 14:25 GMT winter time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home